Julia Whiteaway’s Garden at Bay Tree House
The garden at Bay Tree House has been created over the last twelve years. It is contemporary in style and is designed to integrate the house into the wider landscape beyond.
- A rill garden, redesigned in 2014.
- A pleached lime square which provides a semi-shaded space for dining in summer.
- A small orchard with bulbs and wild flowers.
- A pickery to grow vegetables, soft fruit, herbs and flowers for cutting.
- Large borders of perennials and grasses which peak from June – October.
- A winter garden with hellebores, snowdrops and winter flowering shrubs.
- A Mediterranean garden with olive trees, lavender, and other sun loving plants.
- A tiny rose garden – a fragrant retreat in summer.
- The drive area, with multi-stem trees and spring flowering plants. Created in 2014.
The garden has featured in ‘Country Homes and Interiors’, ‘The English Garden’ and a number of European publications.